Mmm. Doesn’t that look good….
That and more are waiting for you at the 6th Annual Sri Lanka Day Expo in Santa Monica and the Third Street Promenade Saturday, August 25, 2012 from 10am to 10pm.
There’ll be an opening ceremony with brass lamp lightings, dignitaries, and dance. Dance and music will be featured throughout the day, along with a cultural costume pageant featuring traditional colorful attire worn in Sri Lanka, and a parade.
At the Sri Lankan Curry Festival find:
- Hoppers, a crispy-type pancake made with many a twirl. Its edges are crunchy, the middle is soft, and it is eaten with meat or vegetarian curry.
- Kottu roti, similar to Mongolian Barbeque, made with eggs, meat, and vegetables; an interesting cooking process enhances the wonderful taste.
- String hoppers are soft and stringy and accompanied by curry.
- Pol roti bread is made with flour and coconut and served with spicy onions or curry.
- Short eats are snacks similar to tapas or empanadas
- Sri Lankan sweets, including a variety of cakes, pies, puddings and biscuits.