After much procrastination, I just submitted my entry into Project Greenlight’s New Normal Writing Contest. As mentioned before, the contest is for diverse and under-represented writers. The three winners selected will have the opportunity to create a digital series along with the PG team, a showrunner, and director.
Some tips on submitting:
- Even though this detail can be found in the Second Round section, it appears the system wants the PDF of the one-page synopsis to be labelled thusly: LastName_Title_Date
- You must have a Facebook account to submit. On the PG website, it has a direct link that opens up a Facebook page. This cannot be accessed via Facebook directly–an app creates a link to your account.
- There are additional boxes to fill out on the form: logline, short bio, and a description of why you consider yourself under-represented.
- A green bar at the bottom of the page indicates that your upload was successful.
- Immediately after submission, you’ll receive an email verifying that your submission was received.
It seems there was a slight altering of the dates to give the review process a bit more time. I’m assuming they’ve received many submissions. There’s no fee. Could be a reason why. And it’s Matt and Ben!
Submissions will be taken through 11:59PM PST TONIGHT!!